My g-daughter, age 7, was eating a hard cooked egg the other day and she came across a hard object and handed it to me.I looked at it and was confused because I have never seen anything like this before.
Then she found another one. They are hard, small, pure white (picture makes them look Yellow), objects. The only way to describe them would be " like a pearl you would find in an oyster". We are fortunate that she did not brake a tooth or swallow them.
I am very curious as to what these objects are and why did they form in this egg. I think they could be the anchors (Chalaza) for the yolk, but if so, why did they calcify? Could this problem stem from the feed they were given? Has this ever happened before?
This could be a serious problem if more like this are on the shelves and people start breaking their teeth on them.Your thoughts on this problem would be appreciated.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the case (3 boxes, total of 18 packs) of Kellogg's PopTarts a couple of weeks ago and upon opening the individual packages noticed that the product was wet..."
- "We bought a few boxes of Whitman Samplers with holiday seasonal gift wrap at Rite Aid back in November. We had one box leftover from giving Whitman Sampler boxes to..."
- "I was sitting down tonight enjoying a bowl of Breyer's ice cream, Reese's Blast to be exact. I was chomping on the bits of chocolate cups with my front teeth,..."
- "I ordered Stone Outdoor Fireplace which arrived with a broken base. I called Sunjoy Industries at 866-578-6569 four times. Spent more than an hour waiting for a live person...."
- "Purchased Commercial gooseneck lighting for outdoor sign lighting and for my exterior seating area and awning lighting purposes. After 15 days I finally received my order. I ordered all the..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."